Tuesday 11 March 2008

Tagged

My gorgeous is asleep,so I can finally complete this....

Ive been tagged by blogsters,Sarah and Lisa from a spoon full of sugar.

These are the rules:


1. Link back to the person who tagged you


2. Post "The Rules" on your blog


3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog


4. Tag seven people and link to them


5. Comment on their blogs to let them know they have been 'tagged'




Ok,here goes,


1. I HATE to iron.I mean ,abhor it.I'm feeling cross just typing this.


The only things I will iron are the girls dresses or skirts if I've made them,obviously ,if I'm making something to sell and my husband's kilt.




2. I meet my hubby in Glasgow at a pub called "Nice and Sleazy"!




3. I can sign Auslan(Australian Sign Language) fluently.I grew up with a profoundly Deaf cousin and her only true means of communication is Auslan.Four years ago I did some courses and worked within the Deaf community and finally became fluent. I am the first person in our family to learn Auslan and I'm really proud of that and happy that I have gotten to truly know my cousin.She's a crack up!




4. Having my second girl 17 months ago sparked my interest in sewing again.I hadn't seriously sewn for about 10 years.




5.I love going to the movies by myself.




6.I've got half an Art degree.The 'Art' scene annoys me.




7.I used to live in Newcastle(AUS),Berlin,Inverness(Scotland) and Glasgow.




This tag has been doing the rounds for a while now,so I'm finding it difficult to find people who haven't had a go.

I have tagged







10 comments:

Blossom said...

Hi Mel, A belated welcome to blogland. Thanks so very much for your lovely comment. It's funny, I always look at other people's Op Shop finds and marvel at what great things they pick up, because I never seem to find anything decent. And here you are thinking the same thing about what I've found. Anyway, I'm glad you found my blog, which has lead me to your blog. I look forward to checking back regularly to see what you've been up to. Cheers, Ainslie

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for Playing along Mel. I am a big movie fan also and am pleased that my kids are older now and we can now see movies that aren't animated! Tonight I went to see "The Other Boleyn Girl" with my Mum which was an excellent movie. Can't wait to see the final product of Mairi's sewing. It is great to get them started sewing young! Lisa

CurlyPops said...

Welcome to blogland. I look forward to reading about your crafty adventures!

Selina said...

I just do not iron! unless its craft stuff to sell !!!!

SadieandLance said...

I hate ironing too - and I've always wanted to learn Auslan.

Thanks for the tag!

Unknown said...

I also hate ironing, unless it for someting I'm making and then I LOVE it. How strange!!!

picciolo said...

what an absolutely gorgeous photo!
thanks for leaving a kind comment on my blog, I too admit to really hating ironing, I have a pile waiting for me that has been growing all week!
: )

Brierley + Clover said...

Thanks for the tag Mel - how great that you learnt Auslan. The closest I came to learning sign language was memorising the alphabet from the phone book when I was 8 - and that was a challenge in itself!

Apryl said...

thanks for joining my vintage swap. Lovely posts on your blog! I shall email soon about the swap. very sweet picture. I hate ironing too, never do it my mother in law does, she likes to iron, its very strange. I cook and I bake, and craft obviously but ironing is vile. ;o)

Amy said...

I never iron unless I'm sewing something, when I worked full-time and my mom watched my 3 girls sometimes she would iron their clothes. I hate it!