Friday 30 January 2009

Kokeshi Doll










Here is the latest addition to the shop.

I'm planning on making a few of these,with a bit of punk pink and blue hair ,in different styles too.



Not that there's much work going on right now,Mairi went back to school on Wednesday and Skye's first day back at daycare was yesterday and I achieved zilch!
I mopped around missing them,the school holidays were so fun and I hate being home alone.
I love what I do,but I find in the solitary nature of having an online business difficult.
Any other extroverts out there running a home business?

How do you stay motivated?



7 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Awww, such a cute kokeshi doll.

Rachael said...

Welcome back and congrats on the new baby. Very exciting time for you all.

x

Rachael said...

PS - I find it very difficult to keep motivated... Wish I knew the answer!

Maisy Brown said...

They are both beautiful dolls!
I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things soon. I always find I need a little adjustment time after the holidays, too. Just think of all the wonderful things you get to create when you're home alone (remembering, of course, that will all change in June, lol)!
Hugs,
Maisy

Unknown said...

I think we need a little wind down time when the kids go back to school . Then we can get back into our crafty work . Lots say routine is the key , I'm too random for routine .
clares craftroom

Diana said...

Welcome back Mel, The faces on the doll is just beautiful. Congrats on the new bubby news and I'm so happy your business is going so well. I'm just now venturing down that path and it is exciting times. I have lots of tricks to keep motivated. 1. Get out of the house every now and again to get away from being chained to the sewing machine. 2. Hit Borders without kids and read every magazine, stopping only occasionally to have a hot beverage at Coffee shop. 3. Blog surf (of course) 4.Try new things and use different techniques.
Good Luck
Di

flapjacs said...

Very difficult to stay motivtaed all the time. I "waste" a lot of time online rather than doing stuff! Love the dolls! How was the market? Does bump mean there's a baby on board? congrats!!